- The Tallahassee Youth Bowlers participated in the State Tournament in Spring Hill, Florida. Congratulations to the following Youth:
- 5th place in the division 5 team event, Michael Boland, Nijah Proctor, Jared Alsup, and Maria Brown.
- 13th place in division 4 singles event to Jared Alsup.
Great job by all bowlers and we look forward to next years tournament.
- Tallahassee bowlers also participated in the Double Diamond Tournament in Biloxi, Mississippi and the following bowlers made the leader board:
- Buster Leon finished in 87th place singles
- Dorothy Henderson and Carla Tramel finished 12th in doubles
- Lauren Brooke finished 2nd in singles with a 798 series and 2nd in scratch singles with a 777 series
- Carla Tramel finished 29th in Singles and 13th in all events
- Dale Boland finished 155th in singles
-The team of Al Brown and James Warren finished 19th
Great job by all Tallahassee bowlers!!!
- Congratulations to Buster Leon and David Beck, our new Hall of Fame Inductees...Inductees
Upcoming Tournament Announcements
- Inaugural Flight Scratch Tournament, August 13-14, 2016 @ Raptor Lanes, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida - Tournament Flyer
- End of Year Tournament, June 4, 2016 @ Crenshaw Lanes (singles tournament) Tournament Flyer
- The Florida State USBC Men's Championship Tournament will be November 7-8, 14-15 and 21-22,2015 in Dunedin, Florida. Deadline for entries is 10/24/2015. Tournament flyers are available at Capital lanes or you can email the tournament director at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- The 27th Florida State Mixed Team-Mixed Doubles Championship will be held March 19th thru April 3rd. Unofficial Standings: http://www.flstateba.com/2016-open-tournament.html
- The 82nd Florida State Open Championship will held on May 7th thru June 25th. Tournament flyers are available at all Tallahassee bowling centers. Week 8 Standings: http://www.flstateba.com/2016-open-tournament.html
- The FSU Bowling Clubs 14th Annual Crenshaw Sport Bowling Classic, July 29th-31st, 2016. At Crenshaw Lanes and open to all youth and adult bowlers. The ratio for payouts will be 1 to 6, or major portion therof. The youth funds will be through the USBC SMART program. All prize funds or scholarship monies will be returned at 100 percent. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 850-644-1819. This year’s flyer and entry form can be found at the Crenshaw Lanes website at http://www.union.fsu.edu/Crenshaw/tournaments/
- 59th Annual Tallahassee USBC Association Tournament results Official Results
- From TMH:
On behalf of TMH Foundation, many thanks to you and to the Tallahassee Bowling Association (USBC) for your generous contribution, through your recent annual Cancer Charity Bowling Tournament. Proceeds from the total amount of $1950 will equally benefit A Woman’s Place and Sharon Ewing Walker Breast Health Center at Tallahassee Memorial.
The donation will help provide medical services for individuals in the local community who are underinsured and with no insurance in need of diagnostic imaging – mammograms and specific items such as breast prosthesis and undergarments needed after breast surgery/treatment.
Please convey my sincere thanks to all of the association members for participating and I look forward to partnering with you and the Tallahassee Bowling Association again soon.
Keep in touch and let me know if any members will enjoy a tour of A Woman’s Place in the near future.